Brake servicing is a procedure that you cannot afford to put on the back burner for an indefinite time, be your vehicle a car, a truck or an SUV. Timely service is quite essential for brake parts and replacement of parts may also be necessary from time to time.
The good news is that brakes, being the most vital safety components of your vehicle, give out signals for servicing. In some cases, there are harmless noises which do not call for repairs and can be fixed easily. But in case of certain warning signs, as outlined below, it would be wiser to seek professional help of car repairs Albury.
- Squealing, squeaking and grinding noisesYou may hear noise of high pitched while in motion, but that ceases while applying brakes. This, in all probability, is the sound of indicators of brake pad wear. This sound is caused by the steel made pad wear when it comes in contact with the rotor. They indicate that the brake pads are needed to be replaced to prevent damage to the rotor.If a long time has passed since your brakes were serviced, brake pads can get damaged. Then sound is caused by the friction between two metal surfaces, which is undesirable. Take your car to a good mechanic and do the job.
- Brake light stays onYour dashboard has brake indicators of yellow or red colours. When one of them goes on, it may indicate that your vehicle’s brakes need attention. A parking brake that remains engaged can also be cause. You have to make sure that the parking brake is fully released.
- You may have a fluid leakFluid can be leaked from your car’s master cylinder. Or, fluid is leaking in the brake system if you are experiencing a soft brake pedal. This should be looked into by a technician.
- Does your car pull to one side when you apply brakes?A faulty brake hose or caliper problem could be causing this and you need servicing.
- Do you smell something burning while driving?Overheated brakes or clutch may cause you to smell a pungent, chemical odor. A stuck brake caliper may cause smoke to emanate from a wheel and in such a case, repairs are needed.